• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Undervolting Question.

Associate
Hi there, when I try undervolting my card (1660ti gaming x) the curve changes on its own for no reason, and while testing the clock speed doesnt actually reach the clock speed that I set on MSI afterburner. I'm obviously doing something wrong here and was hoping someone could help me out.

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi there, when I try undervolting my card (1660ti gaming x) the curve changes on its own for no reason, and while testing the clock speed doesnt actually reach the clock speed that I set on MSI afterburner. I'm obviously doing something wrong here and was hoping someone could help me out.

Thanks.
Firstly welcome to the forums. Secondly I thought you were brilliant in The Sopranos.

Can you post some screenshots of the curve your trying to achieve? Also have you changed the power limit?

Associate
Hi there, when I try undervolting my card (1660ti gaming x) the curve changes on its own for no reason, and while testing the clock speed doesnt actually reach the clock speed that I set on MSI afterburner.
Firstly, make sure when you're setting your undervolt (or overclock) that you're actually running a 3D application that's representative of the sort of things you're going to be doing with you GPU (i.e. running a demanding game) - if you set the curve whilst nothing's running you'll often get different results to what you expected.

Secondly, Afterburner can't change the behaviour of a GPU - only the power/frequency curve - your GPU will still be trying to clock higher if it thinks it has headroom and will still clock lower if it's hitting a power or thermal limit. It can take quite a bit of futzing around to get your desired curve to stick and even then there's no guarantee it'll look exactly the same the next time you apply it.

The method I use is to (whilst running a game etc.) shift-drag on the last point to the right of the curve to drop it down to my desired max frequency. Then, find the voltage that matches your desired undervolt and drag it up to match that frequency. Hit apply and you should get a straight-ish line.

Soldato

Thanks.

The method I use is to (whilst running a game etc.) shift-drag on the last point to the right of the curve to drop it down to my desired max frequency. Then, find the voltage that matches your desired undervolt and drag it up to match that frequency. Hit apply and you should get a straight-ish line.

You dont need to do it running a game. It does it fine without.

This is how I did it for a 3060ti, set a -200 or -100 on the core clock hit apply
Ctrl F for the frequency, in the column of the voltage you want to set drag the corresponding point upto the speed you want to set. So in the 975mv column for instance move the point to say 1850mhz (this is an example) then close the window and click Apply. Now when you go back to CTRL F you should see it curve up and flatline at 1850mhz. Close the window. Thats it and will only change again if you do it manually yourself.

I think by the sound of it ShahOfIran you are not clicking Apply after you have set the new voltage/speed,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom