• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Undervolting Ryzen 5000 series

Soldato
So I've just got a Ryzen 5 5500 for my SFF PC. Cooling is limited (Noctua NH-L9a) and when running Cinebench 20 it was hitting 95ºC (Now admittedly I don't plan do play a lot of Cinebench, but may do a little video encoding from time to time).
So I'd like to bring the heat down and I'm thinking the best way to do that is to undervolt, right?

So what's the best way to do that with a 5500?
Looking around I see lots of people suggesting PBO, which seems simple but also -30 (or whatever) doesn't seem like it's reducing the voltage that much (given that it seems to be hitting 1.3-1.35V).
I've also seen suggestions saying to just set the Vcore manually.

Do people do this in the BIOS or do they use Ryzen Master? Last time I used that it was a bit nasty and didn't seem to do much, but I guess it may have changed.

Back
Top Bottom