Uneven brightness AOC 24G2U

Associate
Hi! I just installed my AOC 24G2U monitor and immediately when i enter Windows i see that the brightness is pretty uneven. In the center of the screen the brightness is clear, but the further out you come the the darker it gets and it doesn't matter how i calibrate it. So i wonder, is this normal on these screens or is mine broken? If it's normal i'm surprised, since this model has received VERY good reviews. On top of this it's very strenuous on the eyes and the colors isn't near as good as they are on my old Eizo Foris FS2333 from 2012 so i will have to send it back, but i need to know if this is normal for this model, because if it is i will have to ask for the money back instead of another one. Below is a picture so you'll see what i mean.

e6tJgBx.jpg

Permabanned
This is the image I saw in one test....

24G2U-Lagom.jpg

It's not hugely different to yours, so I suspect that this is an issue with the monitor. Another thing to check is try moving your head! The difference may be down to the precise angle you are viewing the screen at. If you move your head to the right, for example, instead of turning it to the right, you may find the bright spot moves to the right ~ in other words it's being caused by the slightly different angle you are viewing various parts of the screen at.

Associate
OP
This is the image I saw in one test....

It's not hugely different to yours, so I suspect that this is an issue with the monitor. Another thing to check is try moving your head! The difference may be down to the precise angle you are viewing the screen at. If you move your head to the right, for example, instead of turning it to the right, you may find the bright spot moves to the right ~ in other words it's being caused by the slightly different angle you are viewing various parts of the screen at.

Ye, it looks like mine, a little better though. And no, moving my head didn't do much. I quess that many of those that have given this model a good review have never been behind a true quality screen. Too bad that Ezio don't do gaming monitors, because it feels like it will be next to impossible to find a gaming monitor with the same lightning/brightness and color quality as the one i have.

Permabanned
Ye, it looks like mine, a little better though. And no, moving my head didn't do much. I quess that many of those that have given this model a good review have never been behind a true quality screen. Too bad that Ezio don't do gaming monitors, because it feels like it will be next to impossible to find a gaming monitor with the same lightning/brightness and color quality as the one i have.

Monitors are always a compromise. Gaming often means they are above all else fast.

Back
Top Bottom