Uneven Tyre Wear BMW 330i

Associate
I've just replaced the two front tyres on my E93 330i and the inner edges were both worn. To a concerning level compared to the majority of the surface which was 3-4mm across the outer 80% of the tread.

Having never turned the wheels full lock to check this I was more than a bit surprised. I'm planning on new suspension bushes and shocks anyway, followed by a 4 wheel alignment, but the tyre fitter stated he sees this on a lot of BMW's. He said it was because they are designed to travel at higher speeds in Germany, therefore pressing down on the car harder and levelling out the camber.

I really don't think that can be the case but a quick googlefu suggests that my car is not the only one with this phenomenon.

Anyone else able to shed some light on this?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys. Those were pretty much my thoughts exactly.

When I bought the car it had lowering springs fitted which absolutely ruined the ride. I fear it has also ruined the shocks. I had the springs replaced with OEM.

The car is now approaching 80K miles so I'm going to fit new suspension bushes and shocks, and have the 4 wheel alignment done.

Thank you for the input. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom