UNFAIR USAGE POLICY.

Associate
Don't know how many of you have read the fair usage policy for Carphone Warehouse for their broadband. They give you a 40GB download limit per month, understandable for the price BUT hide that they will prevent you from using high bandwidth programs i.e. Limewire, Bittorent, Bearshare etc. Excessive usage will result in limited bandwidth during peak times.Ouch. Let's hope all the Isp's don't try this! :eek:

Soldato
firewallblocked said:
Don't know how many of you have read the fair usage policy for Carphone Warehouse for their broadband. They give you a 40GB download limit per month, understandable for the price BUT hide that they will prevent you from using high bandwidth programs i.e. Limewire, Bittorent, Bearshare etc. Excessive usage will result in limited bandwidth during peak times.Ouch. Let's hope all the Isp's don't try this! :eek:

As said above, most already do say this in their T&C's.
Just how hard they are coming down on users varies at the moment, however it is there in the T&C's so that they can easily get rid of problem users off of their network.

There are people out there who do nothing more than P2P all day long, downloading all and everything (and you know full well the majority of it isn't legal).
With this in the T&C they can kick that user from their network without any kind of hastle.
To be honest this is a good thing and I won't actually join an ISP that doesn't have such a T&C.
Mainly because anybody doing anything on the ISP's network that could be having a detrimental effect on my connection should be kicked off - all it takes is a few users doing major leeching at peak time and the whole 50:1 ratio collapses.

Associate
OP
I can't see me needing a 40GB limit for just surfing. :) I use p2p from time to time but never 24/7 I just don't have the time to see what I could download, so I rarely hit the limit set by my ISP. I have used Tesco on a 2MB connection and it was half the speed of my isp when it came to download rate. I guess thats what happens if you go with the cheapest.

Back
Top Bottom