UniFi USG with TalkTalk Router

Associate
Hi all

Newbie here.

I have setup a UniFi Cloud Key Gen2, 2 x UAP-AC-PRO and UniFi PoE switch all at the same site and everything seems to be working ok. The router being used is the ISPs router (TalkTalk).

Now at the same site, I need to also install a USG but I simply cannot manage to do it. I must be doing something wrong. Is it the case that I cannot use the TalkTalk router amd instead go for something like a Draytek?

UniFi online chat reps have been next to useless.

The reason why I posted on this forum is because after having done a few google searches, I see there are some UnFi experts on here.

Hoping someone can help. @WJA96 maybe you can help?

Many thanks.

Hi all thanks for the responses.

Agreed, I should have put more information into the original post.

-Incoming internet type: Its coming through the master telephone socket so I'm guessing that's ADSL/VDSL. It's definitely not FFTC, that would have been obvious. If it was FTTH then I guess there would be a little modem present but there isn't so it can't be FTTH either.

-Specific error: Firstly it has been around 6 weeks since my last visit to site and my memory is slightly hazy, I do remember that a message came up saying that the USG cannot connect to the internet. I did at that point know that there would be an IP address conflict (both the talktalk router and the USG have the same default IP address and range (192.168.1.x) so I tried changing this (local IP and IP range) in both the talktalk router settings and also in the USG and vice versa. I also tried adopting the USG via the cloudkey, but I believe the adoption failed. After several hard resets of the USG and trying different things, after a couple of hours later I gave up. @WJA96 I believe I did try putting the router and the USG on to different IP address ranges but I don't think it made any difference.

I think what's best here is that I go to site again and try again. I'm hoping one of you might be available for support if I run into issues - PAID FOR OF COURSE - can any of you let me know via DM if you'd be up for this?

I'll let the site owner know that if I do manage to get it working with the current equipment then they will have double NAT and the easiest way around this would be to get a modem (openreach / draytek) as suggested in the replies above.

Thanks.

Dear all thanks for the replies and trying to help me.
Have been away, back in the 'office' now. I will review the replies and reply asap.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom