Unix Practice and SQL resources

Associate
Is there anything out there I can use to brush up on my unix skills? Some application or something I can practice on?

Unfortunately I left my linux laptop elsewhere and need to refresh some knowledge before an interview monday.

A second would be any useful sql stuff? Again I unfortunately left my decent reference book at another house :(

figured this would be the only option for that side but was worried about slowing down my lappy a great deal.

If I use one of the 'light' distro's, it will include everything I need for playing with the terminal?

figured this would be the only option for that side but was worried about slowing down my lappy a great deal.

If I use one of the 'light' distro's, it will include everything I need for playing with the terminal?

I doubt it will slow your laptop to any real degree. You only need to give the VM a bare minimum of resources anyway, as it's not as if you're going to have it doing anything other than testing, is it not?

You could always hire a VPS, but that seems pointless unless you want to actually host something.

Back
Top Bottom