Unknown device after installing H80iGT CPU Cooler

Associate
Hi all,

I've had a Corsair H80iGT CPU cooler installed for a few months and it seems to be working fine but I am getting warnings in device manager. In 'Other devices' I have two entries; One is H80iGT Cooler with a yellow exclamation mark next to it and the other is Unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.

When I right click on the H80iGT entry, select properties > details and Hardware Ids from the drop-down list I get the entries:

USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02&REV_0100
USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C02

For the Unknows device I get (in hardware ids)
ACPI\PNP0A0A
*PNP0A0A

I don't really know what information to provide in order to be useful so please ask.

The cooler is connected to a USB header on my motherboard as per instructions. Everything seems to be working fine.

None of the guides that I have read say that I should be installing any driver software.

My system is:
Motherboard is an Asus Maximus Ranger VII (latest BIOS\drivers installed)
Intel 4770
16bg ram
Geforce GTX 960 (latest drivers installed)
Win7 64bit

As I write this I am getting a CPU temp of 64c with Folding at Home running on full power, CPU temp 24c, CPU fan is spinning at 789rpm.

Everything as I can see it appear to be working fine. Do the above temps look ok to everyone and what is causing the warning in device manager?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for the response, Greybeard. That link was a great help.

The alert for the cooler has now gone but the unknown device is still there. When I look at the properties for it it gives an installation date of 25/10/15 at 13:35. I can't for the life of me think what that device is. I've not installed anything!

I've marked it as disabled and am waiting for something to stop working but everything seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom