**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Does anybody have experience with Nankang ns2r tyres? Are they good value for how they perform?

Thanks.

If you're doing dry track days and want some cheap track day orientated tyres for another set of alloys they are good value for money for the performance they give. For an everyday car in everyday conditions - I wouldn't ever consider them.

Soldato
What tyres would you guys recommend for an F11 520d? I'd prefer to get away from runflats if possible. I had ContiSport Contact 5s on my A3 and was very impressed.

I believe the tyre size is 245/45/18.

Soldato
Does anybody have experience with Nankang ns2r tyres? Are they good value for how they perform?

Thanks.

I have them on my 200 Cup. It's a great tyre for the price, they grip extremely well but are noisy and mine were a nightmare to balance. I'm replacing mine with AD08R this week (They actually got delivered today), if you can afford it then spend the bit extra on the AD08R as you won't regret it.

NS2R isn't bad for wet weather performance and I ran them through last winter without too much drama, you just have to respect them in poor conditions.

Associate
Had both rear tyres replaced about 2 weeks ago. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's. They only lasted 10 months, covered less than 10,000 miles. I mean they grip well, but that's some serious wear!!

Being the idiot I am I've put the exact same ones on again, hopefully might last a bit longer this time or I'll be looking to move back to Vredesteins.

Caporegime
Had both rear tyres replaced about 2 weeks ago. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3's. They only lasted 10 months, covered less than 10,000 miles. I mean they grip well, but that's some serious wear!!

Being the idiot I am I've put the exact same ones on again, hopefully might last a bit longer this time or I'll be looking to move back to Vredesteins.

Did you buy the correct load rating as that could lead to premature wear? I put a full set on last summer and have done over 10k in a high powered heavy fwd estate and the fronts still have plenty of meat left in them.

Last edited:
Soldato
The car/handbook & any decent tyre fitter will tell you what rating the tyres need to be.

Contis are great tyres for grip & performance, but they are made of cheese and wear extremely quickly in my experience. I've used only Michelin for the past 6 years and I find they last MUCH longer and perform just as well. Michelin is almost always the OEM fit for BMW as well.

Associate
In my limited experience I’d agree with the above, you won’t go wrong with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or Goodyear F1A3. I have no doubt that Conti make excellent tyres too, but they do seem to wear a lot faster than the competition.

Soldato
The car/handbook & any decent tyre fitter will tell you what rating the tyres need to be.

Contis are great tyres for grip & performance, but they are made of cheese and wear extremely quickly in my experience. I've used only Michelin for the past 6 years and I find they last MUCH longer and perform just as well. Michelin is almost always the OEM fit for BMW as well.

Lucky - Audi never, ever fit Michelins as they obviously don't want to spend the extra. They only ever seem to fit Contis, P-Zeros or Dunlops.

Soldato
No it's not. It sometimes is but nothing like almost always. It's probably the least used of the major brands.
In which case I stand corrected. Maybe I should say that all of the BMW's I have considered / looked at of late use Michelin as the OEM fit.

Regardless, Michelin still make, IMO, the best tyres when you consider the overall package of performance/longevity.

Soldato
I've had Michelin PS4's on my A3 for just over a year now, covered over 20k miles and I have swapped the fronts to the rear as the fronts reached 4mm. Currently now on approx 5mm and 3mm front and rear having done about 24k, so really very impressed with wear. They grip very well too, wet and dry. My commute is partially on twisty b-roads to they get pushed often.

Associate
I've had Michelin PS4's on my A3 for just over a year now, covered over 20k miles and I have swapped the fronts to the rear as the fronts reached 4mm. Currently now on approx 5mm and 3mm front and rear having done about 24k, so really very impressed with wear. They grip very well too, wet and dry. My commute is partially on twisty b-roads to they get pushed often.

Was just looking at these very same tyres for my Golf GTI, need a set thats' gonna last me.

Back
Top Bottom