**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Asda tyres have been coming out cheapest for me lately. Just bought new boots for the motorhome fully fitted cheaper than I could have them delivered from anywhere else and fit them myself. LOL
Appreciate not everyone has £5K worth of tyre changing and balancing equipment mind.

Also a note to add on cracking that's been mentioned above on some tyres.
My 17,500 mile / 2 year old factory fit Tesla P Zero's I notice have very minor cracking starting to appear now, not that fussed because they are also due renewal soon... bye bye £1100 and change :(
:o

Asda £279
Black circles £299..

Asda also has "EASTER2023" for a FURTHER £20 off if buying 4 x

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I've bought a couple of vehicles which came on budget tyres and the difference in the rain or cold compared to something half-decent is scary. Quite a few budget tyres literally feel like they've found the ingredients list but no idea on the quantities and processes involved - so you get something which resembles a tyre but only an imitation.

Caporegime
I've bought a couple of vehicles which came on budget tyres and the difference in the rain or cold compared to something half-decent is scary. Quite a few budget tyres literally feel like they've found the ingredients list but no idea on the quantities and processes involved - so you get something which resembles a tyre but only an imitation.
The wet braking especially was most concerning. Scary even.

Man of Honour
The wet braking especially was most concerning. Scary even.

The most noticeable thing for me was the confidence (or lack of) when say passing a lorry on a dual-carriageway or motorway in torrential rain. Also the difference in the cold - I've seen sub 7C talked about a lot and it never made much sense to me until I used budget tyres as the Bridgestones and Contis, etc. I'd used in the past you don't really notice a difference down to close to 0 and even then it comes in fairly gradually (as long as you aren't dealing with ice) - some of the budget tyres switch off pretty badly once it drops below ~7C.

Soldato
Update on the asda tyre order too.
Chose the top of the list (closest) fitter, only one listed as a 5* fitter too..
Emailed them straight after order notifying them it was a large vehicle and if that was an issue... no response.
On day of fitting, only after arriving they informed parents thst they couldn't fit them as machines broken.
Got told they will call parents in morning to reconfirm/ re-book.... didn't call.
Got parent to just drive there and see if things were fixed..could do it last thing..
Successful fitment...
On way home, left rear TPMS starts bleeting.. 55psi.
I was then left to deal with it in the evening when I got home from work.
Got my calibrated inflator on it... 54 psi
Other side 65psi but TPMS seemed static on that one( i.e didn't move 1 psi during drive to garage, which was unusual)
Had a look at that sensor, not only was it cross threaded but the cap was on ****** and looked like it had suffered some sort of damage.. took the cap off to straighten it / clip it back together properly and there's no ******* battery inside it any more :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Bathwick tyres, you're a bunch of ****.

Man of Honour
Quick update on the wear rate on my crossclimate 2s. Done 21k miles so far, wheels rotated front > back twice, around 6-7k miles and then at 13-14k miles.

They come with 7mm, they're down to 5.5mm. Fitted October 21.

I see a lot of these tyres now. Will fit some to my wife’s car next time, they’re perfect for her short drives and often icy/cold winter mornings.

Update on the asda tyre order too.
Chose the top of the list (closest) fitter, only one listed as a 5* fitter too..
Emailed them straight after order notifying them it was a large vehicle and if that was an issue... no response.
On day of fitting, only after arriving they informed parents thst they couldn't fit them as machines broken.
Got told they will call parents in morning to reconfirm/ re-book.... didn't call.
Got parent to just drive there and see if things were fixed..could do it last thing..
Successful fitment...
On way home, left rear TPMS starts bleeting.. 55psi.
I was then left to deal with it in the evening when I got home from work.
Got my calibrated inflator on it... 54 psi
Other side 65psi but TPMS seemed static on that one( i.e didn't move 1 psi during drive to garage, which was unusual)
Had a look at that sensor, not only was it cross threaded but the cap was on ****** and looked like it had suffered some sort of damage.. took the cap off to straighten it / clip it back together properly and there's no ******* battery inside it any more :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Bathwick tyres, you're a bunch of ****.

Shocking. They don’t seem to use particularly good gutters. Would never use Asda/etyres again. It may be worth contacting them though to get some money back.

Underboss
Quick update on the wear rate on my crossclimate 2s. Done 21k miles so far, wheels rotated front > back twice, around 6-7k miles and then at 13-14k miles.

They come with 7mm, they're down to 5.5mm. Fitted October 21.

sounds good

my CC + ones are still going, been on the car, 3/4 years now i think, still lots of tread left
i hope to fit CC2 next

my next car though, i cant get the CC2s in the new size

Soldato
I see a lot of these tyres now. Will fit some to my wife’s car next time, they’re perfect for her short drives and often icy/cold winter mornings.

Shocking. They don’t seem to use particularly good gutters. Would never use Asda/etyres again. It may be worth contacting them though to get some money back.
They made the mistake of emailing me on friday a "how did we do" email.

Back
Top Bottom