**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Soldato
Simply because I have the ones without the NCS foam. I thought I’d try the NCS versions and they’re a tad cheaper.

You put a good point across and having a gander last night, it does seem the csc7 perform better.

I was interested in the mps4’s but they don’t wear that good from what I’ve read.
Another tyre... The Michelin PS5 are out now and have improved wear rate. It's what I'm going for coming from the PS4 which have lasted 25k rotated over 3 years.

The old PS4 grip well even at minimum tread depth.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some feedback on the CSC7s on the Mustang. Brilliant. Had the car out a few days for data logging with the supercharger, the first day was sunny and mild and the grip was very good. Noise and comfort are also very good. In a straight line, rolling to WOT, there was no drama from the rear end. Yesterday, it was raining and the roads were soaked and it hadn't stopped all day and I was still able to get some power down, with just one of the attempts causing wheel spin during kickdown at about 60mph. But the car remaind stable and straight and I just had to ease off the gas to find the grip again. I don't really "chuck" this car around corners. It's too big and too heavy to ever really curve up corners but she feels very stable and I was impressed with the wet performance yesterday and how it handled the power to the rear. Obviously I wasn't going hell for leather in the pouring rain but I still managed to drive moderatly fast without feeling the tyres couldn't cope if I needed to increase speed. Still need to be careful with all that power. But I can't fault these CSC7s. Really happy with my choice and hopefully as the weather improves they'll go from strength to strength. Just the question about how they'll wear and their longevity.

Associate
Looking at changing my tyres on the MK3 Leon FR 1.4 as currently it has Bridgestones Potenza S001 (225/40/R18) all round and the ride is quite harsh and crashy with the sport suspension, not sure which ones to go for but my local tyre place have some Michelin/GYs that are around the same price and cheaper than Blackcircles.

Michelin PS5 - £110

Goodyear Eagle F1 A5 - £98

Goodyear Eagle F1 A6 - £105

Goodyear Eagle F1 SS - £110

Soldato
I know tyres will be different on each car but would you say the A6 is better than the PS5? I only do 3-4k miles a year and the priority will be less road noise, comfort and tread life
They are absolutely much of muchness. Both top tier tyres, but at a guess, I'd probably say the A6 is the slightly less noisy one/more comfy one. But I'm talking about absolutely nothing between them here.

Soldato
I know tyres will be different on each car but would you say the A6 is better than the PS5? I only do 3-4k miles a year and the priority will be less road noise, comfort and tread life
They cater to different needs.

The AS6 will be a sportier tyre with more sporty steering as you approach the limit, but a harder ride.

The PS5 will feel more vague by comparison, but last longer and be more comfortable.

Both are equal in quality and performance though.

Soldato
Looking at changing my tyres on the MK3 Leon FR 1.4 as currently it has Bridgestones Potenza S001 (225/40/R18) all round and the ride is quite harsh and crashy with the sport suspension, not sure which ones to go for but my local tyre place have some Michelin/GYs that are around the same price and cheaper than Blackcircles.

Michelin PS5 - £110

Goodyear Eagle F1 A5 - £98

Goodyear Eagle F1 A6 - £105

Goodyear Eagle F1 SS - £110
I hate you. You have the sweet spot in tyre size, they're so cheap in that size!

Associate
They cater to different needs.

The AS6 will be a sportier tyre with more sporty steering as you approach the limit, but a harder ride.

The PS5 will feel more vague by comparison, but last longer and be more comfortable.

Both are equal in quality and performance though.
You persuaded me towards the PS5s for the wear rate and comfort as my FR doesn't have DCC and I don't rag the car so no need for a sportier tyre

Is it best to get a wheel alignment done when changing all fours?

Associate
I got sick of waiting for some Goodyears F1 Supersports in 245/35/18 to come back into stock (not been readily available since last October) so have just ordered a full set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports to be fitted on my M135i from Costco at £546. It'll be nice to get my Cross Climate 2s off and back onto summer tyres

Back
Top Bottom