UnRaid running plex and HA

Associate
Hi so finally looking to jump from truenas to unraid as i will only be looking to have plex and home assistant running on it for the time being, so anyone running these apps report any problems ?
Thanks

Associate
It's pretty easy, I followed this guide

The only issue I had with running a VM was trying to get a USB Zigbee stick working, I tried a couple but never got it going.
In the end I bought a Zigbee PoE device from a guy in the US

Associate
OP
It's pretty easy, I followed this guide

The only issue I had with running a VM was trying to get a USB Zigbee stick working, I tried a couple but never got it going.
In the end I bought a Zigbee PoE device from a guy in the US
Thanks I will have look when I get home

Soldato
Unraid is pretty much made for this kind of use case. I run Plex on it in docker. I run HA on a separate machine with ESXi though, purely so that if/when I ever mess with the Unraid box I'm not messing with my router and HA.

Associate
Unraid is pretty much made for this kind of use case. I run Plex on it in docker. I run HA on a separate machine with ESXi though, purely so that if/when I ever mess with the Unraid box I'm not messing with my router and HA.

What hardware do you run HA on, is it HAOS on top of ESXi?

Soldato
What hardware do you run HA on, is it HAOS on top of ESXi?

It's on a Dell Optiplex 5050, can't remember full specs now but I believe it's an i5 7500, 16GB ram. Running ESXi as the hypervisor, Home Assistant provide a virtual machine image premade on their website.

You can run Home Assistant on unraid with socket pretty easily though.

Associate
I run both HA and plex on unraid with docker, also run a ZigbeeUSB on the HA docker container. You can install both from the unraid app store, should get you most of the way.

Associate
OP
Thanks all looks like i will make the jump i just need to find out about my hardware so will start a new thread.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom