Unstable new rig!

Caporegime
Just got myself (yesterday), an A64 3800+ X2, Abit AN8 SLI, Gainward GLH BLISS 512MB 7800GT, and im running it (at the moment) with my old ram (1GB Corsair XMS PRO 3200LLPT), my old HDD's (Samsung Spinpoint SATAII 80GB's), and a hiper 580W Modular PSU (All built into my old coolermaster ATCS-201-SXK).

No matter what I do, it will NOT install windows XP, just BSOD's with a STOP error "page fault in non-paged area", which I beleive is synonymous with memory problems?

Are there any known compatibility issues with my gear, or is there something I can try?

Cheers guys, pulling my hair out here!

Caporegime
OP
Thing is, the memory was fine in my old rig, and I have also tried 5 sticks of ram, both in pairs, and on their own, in every combination of slots. Nothing :(

If it is instabilities with the AN8 (non-fatal1ty version) and X2's then i'll be mightily annoyed seeing as every shop and abit themselves say that they are compatible.

Caporegime
OP
Just mem-testing the memory now, although 1 stick so far has passed (testing them all on their own).

Could try increasing the voltage I suppose, but according to the BIOS, the voltage is rock stable, and is actually higher than it was in my old board. Timings are also at stock at the moment, and I KNOW the memory runs faster (as I used to run them faster).

Caporegime
OP
Thought it could be PSU, so was running bare minimum, one stick of ram, one HDD, one CD-ROM, minimal number of fans etc etc.

May well stick in an enermax noisetaker when I get a chance, see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom