Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Now Mark Knopfler would be great to see. Anymore details bud ?

New album out soon, a tour of capital cities has been confirmed. This is one man I have to see before he retires - he still plays as well as in his earlier days judging from videos, just without the sweatband :D

It says "dates announced soon" on his site.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Now Mark Knopfler would be great to see. Anymore details bud ?

Just what I was gonna ask :D

New album out soon, a tour of capital cities has been confirmed. This is one man I have to see before he retires - he still plays as well as in his earlier days judging from videos, just without the sweatband :D

It says "dates announced soon" on his site.

Now that would be one concert I'd love to go to, Brothers in Arms would be fantastic to hear live :cool:

Soldato
I'm attending Cardiff Calling tomorrow all day with the likes of The Streets, Dizzee Rascal, Kate Nash, The Automatic and many others. only going for Nash and Dizzee tho.....

Well, this was yesterday and i gotta say it was great. Dizzee, Kate Nash, Newton Faulkner, Super Furry Animals and The Streets were all amazing as well as the smaller bands such as The New 1920's, Remi Nichole and The (mother *******) Guns were brillient. Plenty of pictures and vids as well!

Man of Honour
Just got back from Status Quo which was an open air gig at Trentham Gardens.
10/10.
Quo were awesome and the setting was awesome.
Top marks to who decided to put the stage at the bottom of a bank surrounded by trees.
This meant that everybody could see and we were sheltered from any wind.
The audience was aged from 1 to 100.

I'm more a Slayer, Haunted, Devildriver type person but everybody deserves to see Quo at least once in their lives.

Associate
I've got nothing booked for ages, but I've got tickets to see Biffy Clyro in Edinburgh and Glasgow in November. Can't get that excited about yet another Biffy gig (think this'll be in the 30s) though it'll be ace of course.

What I am excited about is CARTER USM! At Brixton Academy, and also in Glasgow. I love Carter but I only just got into them before they split up. I've seen their daft semi-reform tours twice, and they were excellent, so I'm really looking forward to these.

And while we're on the old-bands-reforming subject, the Wildhearts in Glasgow in December. Which will be fantastic.

I think we've got a Crimea gig coming up soon, and possibly Frank Turner as well.

Soldato
Biffy Clyro, Ash and Bloodhound gang all at UEA to look forward to in the next few months :). Wanted to go see Kasabian but the tickets sold out within 20min with the phone being engaged all the time :(:(. 70 tickets on eBay within an hour of going on sale, 200 within a day :rolleyes:

Soldato
Ive already seen Travis @ Manchester Apollo this year. It was great.

Got tickets for Klaxons @ Manchester Apollo on 26th Nov. Should be good.

Trying to get some tickets for The Verve @ Blackpool Ballroom on 5th / 6th Nov.

Soldato
Just got back from one!

Yesterday was circa survive at cardiff barfly. I don't think i'll top this gig for a while. The singer was absolutely amazing, his voice is unreal and the whole show had such an intense feeling about it, real nice guys as well.

And have just come back from seeing The Locust in Bristol. Small room ever with no windows sweating like mad standing still.....and the band were in flipping locust costumes! All i can say is that they are so insane, my ears will hurt for days and also the first support band, Cutting Pink With Knives were pretty damn brutal, i loved it!

Back
Top Bottom