Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Went to see Cadillac Three last night in Norwich, great gig and the support band were brilliant to, The Whiskey Myers

I winged it a little bit as I didn't have a ticket and it was a 4 hr round trip, they said they had 30 tickets left on the door first come first served....but kudos and a big thanks to the lads in the queue who just gave me a spare ticket for nothing :)

Associate
Going to see New Order at Castlefield Bowl in July. Not particularly impressed with the £50 ticket price. With delivery it's closer to £60. Hooky's are half the price (and I've had a great time at every one of his gigs). With these prices I imagine this will be the only time I go see NO.

Soldato
Going to see New Order at Castlefield Bowl in July. Not particularly impressed with the £50 ticket price. With delivery it's closer to £60. Hooky's are half the price (and I've had a great time at every one of his gigs). With these prices I imagine this will be the only time I go see NO.

You mean waiting for the sirens call? ;) They'll play that! New Order will be 2 hours on stage playing pretty much everything they can do (usually a bit from every album and then more from the most recent). Still worth doing mind you!

Associate
You mean waiting for the sirens call? ;) They'll play that! New Order will be 2 hours on stage playing pretty much everything they can do (usually a bit from every album and then more from the most recent). Still worth doing mind you!

Yeah, I have a bunch of their live DVDs and concert bootlegs and their setlist has changed very little over the past decade. The worst part is while there are smatterings from most of their albums over and the years, they completely ignore Technique, which is my second favourite album after Low-Life.

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I have a bunch of their live DVDs and concert bootlegs and their setlist has changed very little over the past decade. The worst part is while there are smatterings from most of their albums over and the years, they completely ignore Technique, which is my second favourite album after Low-Life.

Not another OCUK guy who loves Low-Life... :p (I love the song sunrise but the rest of the album turns me off a bit)

Technique is weird but I agree it is massively forgotten/under appreciated (I played it on the way to work today). No idea why it's not really on the set list though, unless it's one Hook was heavily involved in?

They are still worth seeing live really!

Associate
Went to see tricot (Japanese math rock band) yesterday in Leicester. One of the best bands I've seen live so far. The energy wss great throughout from both the band and the audience.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Saw Combichrist in Sheffield last night.

Never really heard of them but if you are into this type of music then go and see them, they were awesome. I took my best mates son who is into them, who said they were 'industrial metal' whatever that is, but the raw energy and power live was simply fantastic.

On the other end of the spectrum, managed to get a ticket to see David Gilmour at The Royal Albert Hall :cool:

Soldato
On the other end of the spectrum, managed to get a ticket to see David Gilmour at The Royal Albert Hall :cool:

Nice! I saw him play there in September and it'll come as no surprise to hear it was an outstanding gig.

I really want to see him again but missed out on tickets. I was even more gutted when I read that he'd played 'One of These Days' at a recent gig for the first time in 24 years. I absolutely adore that track.

Soldato
I've just booked tickets to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers on 10th December in Birmingham.

Sunday and Monday I'm seeing King Crimson in Aylesbury.

November 19th I'm seeing Opeth.

Last edited:
Soldato
When I saw King Crimson last year it was that album that was the focus of the 2 sets I saw so I'm expecting something different this time around.

Hearing Epitaph sang live was really quite special though.

Back
Top Bottom