Upcoming Concerts

Associate
I've now got tickets to Serenity on Wednesday at the Underworld in Camden, then in end of the month I'll be seeing Freedom Call at the same venue and then Rhapsody's farewell tour in Islington Academy the day after. Also brought a ticket to see Cirque Du Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall in March :) And got my eyes on Testament and Trivium in April

Soldato
Saw Hell Is For Heroes at the Ritz at Manchester. Gig of my life. Absolutely loved it. They were even supported by A!!! The only way it could have been better is if Hundred Reasons were also playing.

Associate
Come back from The Haunt in Brighton tonight, after seeing Paul Draper (ex Mansun lead singer) perform his new solo stuff and Mansun's debut album 'Attack of the Grey Lantern' in it's entirety, absolutely amazing. Was an intimate gig, around 350 people, smallest gig I've been to. More than makes up for missing them at the Folkestone Leas Cliff Hall back in '98 :o

20180219_195843.jpg

Associate
Saw Hell Is For Heroes at the Ritz at Manchester. Gig of my life. Absolutely loved it. They were even supported by A!!! The only way it could have been better is if Hundred Reasons were also playing.

I would have loved to have gone to Hell is for Heroes in Glasgow but missed out.

I was at Alestorms piratefest last Wednesday, the most fun I've ever had at a gig! Never experienced half the crowd sitting on the floor rowing before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMzD2wCFWQ

Then I was at Soil and Alien Ant Farm on Friday which was good but a bit of a weird crowd!

Got a local band, Perpetua, this Thursday which should be decent, then Skindred and Cky in April!

Associate
Alestorm always seems to be a huge party. When I saw them a few years ago supporting Sabaton they had this giant rubberduck as a stage prop, and I mean giant. Have to find where I've saved the pic but its somewhere on my pc :D

Soldato
I'm off to see them tomorrow (last night on tour) in Southampton. Can't wait as I missed them last time. They still have the duck I believe.

I have a spare ticket if anyone is interested, our 4th person dropped out.

Soldato
Saw Imagine Dragons last night at Hydro in Glasgow - first gig for my 10 year old lad. GReat gig - no big fan but excellent energy/good songs/ cool staging etc.

Also 10 out of 10 for a excellent rendition of Proclaimers 500 miles at a concert in Glasgow - you can imagine that went down well!!

Associate
Just found out that Alcest will play Meltdown Festival in the Southbank Center in June, really hope I can get a ticket for that one, would be great as they will play Kodama in its entirety.

Associate
Just found out that Alcest will play Meltdown Festival in the Southbank Center in June, really hope I can get a ticket for that one, would be great as they will play Kodama in its entirety.
Yeah Mr Smith has some fine taste. Kristin Hersh and NIN the following night will please the other half although with Jack White the following week might have to give one of them a miss :(

Soldato
I was going to start a thread about live events but I guess my Q fits well here. I live in the sticks where the best live event is either a parody or revival act on its last legs..

What's the best way of keeping an eye on upcoming live performances in the north west and possibly north east? Are there any particular go-to ticket sites or is it best to go through an artist's own website? Is there anything to look for or avoid with regards to venues?

Didn't notice a reply in the first couple posts after this. I use Songkick to track artists. It'll scan your music library and then you can manually add other artitsts you want to track.

Alternatively you stick in a location and it'll show you everything on a daily basis.

I've got George Ezra at the end of the month and just booked tickets for the Decemberists in November. Will be the 3rd time i've seen them now.

Associate
Went to see Electric Six again on Saturday, still fantastic. They're basically recording level good, live.

Dick Valentine's voice still perfect too.

Isn't Electric Six the band with the "Gay Bar" song?

I've just finally got myself a ticket to see Testament in April and Steven Wilson at the RAH in end of this month.

Back
Top Bottom