Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
Got tickets for Teleman in November, tiny little venue, should be great. Remember seeing them at Reading years ago when they were still Pete & The Pirates :>

Soldato
I normally dislike live music, but have been won over recently, seeing Bastille and Queen in Singapore a couple of years ago, and Bastille again and Stereophonics at RiZE (the old V) festival last month. Stereophonics were absolutely awesome, and changed my view on live music performed well.

So booked to see Ed Sheeran in Ipswich next August when the tickets went on sale today. I'm interested to see what a big act is like in the home town.

Associate
I normally dislike live music, but have been won over recently, seeing Bastille and Queen in Singapore a couple of years ago, and Bastille again and Stereophonics at RiZE (the old V) festival last month. Stereophonics were absolutely awesome, and changed my view on live music performed well.

So booked to see Ed Sheeran in Ipswich next August when the tickets went on sale today. I'm interested to see what a big act is like in the home town.

Funnily enough I was speaking with a guy at work today who also did get tickets to Ed Sheeran in Ipswich :D

Soldato
I'm very much looking forward to seeing Sleeper in November.
Loved them during the 90s and with a 3/4 original line-up (where it matters) and new material due in the New Year - should be a good night.

Soldato
Bit of odd one, but I went to the Radio 2 bash at the weekend. Right idea on the venue, a few decent act's, poor execution by the venue themselves though. Trevor Nelson his typical good self, Craig Charles and Ana Matronic were mad for it. Incognito are still a decent act, Kid Creole might be 60 or probably more but he was the star of the night. Clean Bandit did a set before midnight, who were OK but not really what most people there were up for but rolled with, before dropping to Ana on the decks which signalled que the party.

Rolling out the dance music, 80's hits it was like being in a trash town disco (awesome when you've had a skin full and up for a dance) Sadly they rolled out 90's 2 hit wonder Rozalla which killed the night about 20 minutes after midnight, que the exodus from the dance floor and the true horror of NOT PUTTING A SINGLE bin in the venue became apparent. The dance floor was 2/3 plastic beer cups deep, making any club I ever went in look like a palace in comparison. There was absolutely nowhere to pitch an empty glass, no ledge, shelf or bin. The venue (Bridlington) being in the *** end of nowhere, it was obvious everybody would be stopping over and likely having a few( being a party night) It probably would have been worse were there more than 2 bars serving and an average of 15 minutes wait time to get to the poor unfortunate 5 people they had working the bar.

That was the only downer to what was a great night. If Ana had carried on the set and Rozalla hadn't come on it would have rocked till 2am.

Associate
I went to see Alcest at Futurum in Prague on Sunday, awesome little venue, really tight and great style. The show was awesome, and the supporting band (Vampilla) was strangely good. The night was made even better as I got a setlist of Alcest after the show and managed to get it signed by the whole band as well :) I also got a really great tour poster as well. Will try to put up pic tomorrow.

Soldato
Got a busy couple of weeks coming up :-

IDLES in Nottingham
Robert Plant & Van Morrison at the O2
Henning Wehn in Lincoln (Comedy gig)
Slayer in Birmingham
Culture Club in Nottingham (Don't ask! :D)

Soldato
Slayer were just awesome last night! And I realised the last time I saw Anthrax, who were one of the support bands, was in 1988 :D

Just got tickets for Rammstein at MK next July :cool:

Associate
I managed to get a ticket to see An Evening with Devin Townsend at Bush Hall in London in April :)

Next I'm aiming at Amorphis in February, Avantasia in April (both in London) and Ghost in Stockholm in end of February.

Back
Top Bottom