Upcoming Concerts

I saw these in the 70s around the Kimono My House and Propaganda days.

sparks3.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw Hell is for Heroes and Hundred Reasons at Manchester Academy last night, two huge bands of my youth doing a joint gig. Was incredible, after all these years they have both still got it, really good crowd for it too.

It baffles me why there just don't seem to be many great British rock bands like them around anymore, or maybe its just my age being out of the music industry loop.

I have tickets to see them in Glasgow this year.

Superb.

I saw them on the Propaganda tour and made a complete idiot of myself.
At our concert venue you had to sit down until the main act came on.
Sparks walked on, I ran down the front, they kicked in with BC and I headbanged with my head down.
When they stopped I looked up and I was the only one there and Ron & Russ had just got their arms folded looking at me while the rest of Victoria Hall laughed at me.
I just walked slowly back to my seat.

Party Boy had been my ringtone for so long!

Does a John Williams and Hanz Zimmer Orchestra event count? that's the next thing I'm going to see.

It was absolutely banging last night! The audience were up for it, the bands were up for it and they all knocked it out the park.

First support was Alieghcia Scott, what an amazing voice she has. Then GDC and The Skints co-headlined, both brilliant.

Looks like they are in Brizzle 3rd & 4th March at the Marble Factory, worth going if you have the chance.

Superb.

I saw them on the Propaganda tour and made a complete idiot of myself.
At our concert venue you had to sit down until the main act came on.
Sparks walked on, I ran down the front, they kicked in with BC and I headbanged with my head down.
When they stopped I looked up and I was the only one there and Ron & Russ had just got their arms folded looking at me while the rest of Victoria Hall laughed at me.
I just walked slowly back to my seat.
Seen them before too, thought you might like to see this, it was at Glasgow O2 02 22 05 2018 and Ron was awesome. Russell and whole band were awesome.

Seen them before too, thought you might like to see this, it was at Glasgow O2 02 22 05 2018 and Ron was awesome. Russell and whole band were awesome.

Just found this.
Many years ago I bought albums for the cover and bought this home in 1975, popped it on and was gobsmacked because it sounded just like Sparks.
I then found out that two of them had been in Sparks - https://peel.fandom.com/wiki/Jet

The whole album is here on You Tube - enjoy

Have you been to see Comet is Coming yet @McGray ?

Really enjoyed the show, a lot louder than I anticipated and I wish I had taken my earplugs....but I really enjoyed the support, Joshua Idehen, as well. Now he's no Kae Tempest but I was thoroughly impressed.

Saw Sleaford Mods this week, one of the best performances I've seen by them to date, excellent gig.

Last edited:
Yes I have!

Thought they were brilliant. I've seen them once before and they although I enjoyed that, this latest gig was a step above.

Really enjoyed Joshua Idehen which is far from my usual thing. Had a little chat with him after and he was a real nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom