Upcoming Concerts

Soldato
However, none of these gigs were anything compared to Rammstein in Berlin last Sunday.... I knew they had good shows but it was so much bigger and better than I would have expected. Absolutely insane show and such a great atmosphere.
My partners daughter & partner went to Berlin too. We've all got tickets for Coventry week on Sunday, can't wait - got tickets for the Fire zone too :cool:

Been going to a few gigs lately, since my last update :-

Post Modern Jukebox - always great fun

Kae Tempest - absolutely stunning, I have never felt so much love for one person emminate from the crowd. Will definitely be going to see them again.

Yard Act - Good fun, lots of energy, though the sound in the Rescue Rooms wasn't the greatest.

Bob Vylan - Sound wasn't the greatest here either, at the Manchester Academy 3, but really enjoyed his performance, will see again.

Amyl and the Sniffers - Great bit of energetic punk.

The Killers - Was fun, though my partner is a bigger fan then I am and she loved it.

Next ones already booked are :

Nine Inch Nails
Rammstein
Alanis Morrisette

Soldato
We had tickets to see her but couldn't make the rescheduled date so had to cancel :/
That's a shame! I must say we've been lucky that we've still been able to attend all the rescheduled gigs.

The one I'm gutted about was Nick Cave, first time I actually got around to booking a ticket for 2020 and he cancelled entirely rather than reschedule.

Soldato
That's a shame! I must say we've been lucky that we've still been able to attend all the rescheduled gigs.

The one I'm gutted about was Nick Cave, first time I actually got around to booking a ticket for 2020 and he cancelled entirely rather than reschedule.

This was the only one that I couldn't make on the rescheduled date.

I was most disappointed about Steven Wilson cancelling the entire 'The Future Bites' tour. I had superb seats at a couple of gigs and was gutted that the tour got canned.

Soldato
Associate
Toying with booking one for the Hu's tour in December, should have originally seen them in March supporting Sabaton and it's gone suspiciously quiet about who the supports are on the rebooked dates and the Hu appear to have graduated to doing their own headline tours so I doubt it'll be them.

Soldato
Just back from seeing Pearl Jam at the BST Festival in Hyde Park- Really good set with a great mix of new/old songs and, for the first time in a long time of the gigs I've been to, the crowd singing "Alive" managed to drown out the band/PA from about 100m from the stage, absolutely epic night!

Soldato
Tickets on sale for Bruce Springsteen tomorrow, any guesses how much?

Seen them live twice, funnily enough both at Ricoh in Coventry, but about 5 years apart I guess.

Probably go for the Saturday one at Hyde park but very much depends on if the tickets are just expensive, or stupid price.

Soldato
Tickets on sale for Bruce Springsteen tomorrow, any guesses how much?

Seen them live twice, funnily enough both at Ricoh in Coventry, but about 5 years apart I guess.

Probably go for the Saturday one at Hyde park but very much depends on if the tickets are just expensive, or stupid price.

Pearl Jam were £75-ish for general admission, £150-ish for "enhanced" and then way upwards for "special" access, I think/hope they'd be similar as its a festival price rather than a specific artist price.

Soldato
@BUDFORCE Hyde park ones on sale now @ £101.15, not bad for a day event tbh.

Though I saw Springsteen a few years ago at Wembly, didn't do it for me tbh, it just made me realise that I didn't know any of his stuff apart from the big hits! :D

sold out already mate, unless I am doing something wrong

EDIT: Yup pretty sure they are sold out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Brilliant gig last night at O2 academy Glasgow

Marc Rebillet - Super talented guy, zero set list, makes everything up on the night, feeds off the crowd, the chants etc - great show. £22 ticket. Nice to not be paying £80-£100 for a ticket.

His youtube channel is great - very enjoyable. Known about him for a number of years and great to see him growing and growing.

Man of Honour
My daughter and I had a day pass for Reading yesterday. We were lucky to get tickets for it a year ago. It was a great day. I read there was some trouble in the camping area while we were there, but I never saw any of it. There were also some reports of needle spiking and one of the security guys confirmed it to me. We had to pass through one of the campsite areas on the way in and out and the campsite loo's were shocking. The loo's in the main stage area were a bit better (still not great); the campsite loo's were little better than a hole in the ground with a cubicle and seat around it. The crowds later in the afternoon and evening were huge. Most of the acts were not really my cup of tea but, as I'd never been, I went for the experience while my daughter plodded off to the acts she wanted. I'm still recovering from a broken leg so I spent a fair amount of it just sitting around as I couldn't stay standing for too long.The DMA's, Bastille, 1975 and Halsey were good. My daughter is a bit of a Halsey fan so loved it when she got right to the front of the stage and was even in a picture this morning tagged on Halsey's instagram. That made her day. Surprisingly Halsey sung an old Kate Bush song Running Up The Hill which seems to have had a resurgence recently due to Stranger Things.

I was definitely way above the typical age rang there, by many decades. I've been to a lot of gigs with her over the years (it's a father daughter thing we've done since she was about 7) and this will be the last one before she goes to Uni and starts a new life.

Permabanned
Rammstein were just out of this world again, it doesn't do it justice to call it a gig, it's an experience!

I was at this perfect Summer weather show too, postponed because of Covid ETC ... but WOW, it was worth the wait, and as you say mate ... LOUD, can imagine it was heard 11 miles away on such a perfect warm calm day, LOL.

Stayed at the Stadiums own hotel night before and got into rooms to see the big stage being set up during the day, also in Hotel bar met Rammstein keyboard player and his partner/wife, never noticed him at first, but more Rammstein fans were arriving and knew it was him straght away, later on and day before show and as their hard work got done in preparation for the show the next day, the Road crew filled the bar and it was a blast to be with them and share that experience ... they partied hard, great fun :)
Hope to see Rammstein again.

Back
Top Bottom