• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Update for the kids PC from GTX780... 1650 super??

Associate
As per the title, I’m looking to get a power efficient GPU for the kids PC which currently has a gtx 780. It is an itx build and between the confined space, the slim psu and the 780, things get noisy! I’m thinking if I get a less power hungry GPU that would be a good start but at the same time would like a performance increase for the efforts. Now I know the 1650 has no benchmarks etc but are there any people here who might like to take a guess on whether it would be an upgrade at all to the 780? Would I be better getting the 1660 super? I really don’t want to spend over £150 if I can help it which does make the 1660 super a stretch (they only play mine craft , Fortnite and roblox etc)

cheers!

Associate
OP
I think primarily I would like to reduce power use, hopefully that will reduce heat and the load on the psu. The psu is a super slim piece that isn’t exactly made for heat dissipation I know, but I’d rather buy a GPU at this point in time than a case and power supply. Maybe it’s a silly way to look at it but I do kinda like the super small form factor they currently have.
I noticed a gtx 10603gb provides decent gains and huge power drops over what we have. Arrggh, so hard to decide!

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies, it really is a tough price bracket (and time) to be a buyer within. The 570 actually performs better than I imagined looking at the videos. It’s not a card I had considered previously (although I once had an RX 480)
One thing worth mentioning here is the 1650 super is rumoured to be 100w and a 50% increase over the vanilla model. I imagine NVIDIA will bump the price slightly as they always do, which brings back into play the thought of a second hand rx570. Pretty sure I can grab one for under £100 if I’m a tough buyer! The 780 actually performs pretty well for its age, I know after all this I will end up replacing the case and PSU as well. (Already bought a PSU today just in case: £20 marketplace buy haha)

Back
Top Bottom