update/Heat sink surgestions

Soldato
Afternoon all

Well my Coolermaster project is completely off the cards now (just no time)
Was planning of installing an ATX board in it by rotationg the PSU and droping it through the floor of the case (to act as fourth foot) and combining four old CM copper heatsinks using borg heatpipes (viewed via top window). I was then going to installing a strong cross flow air path from one side of the case to the other to cool the beast. The final step being, a new rear custem panel to finish the job.

So with that project stoped, I'm back to tweeking my tower.

In the course of my deliverations on the 'heat sink' element of my plans I was intrested if any one has done any thermal experimentaion on top down heatsink airflow (typhone/blue orb/xp-120 etc) vs through flow airflow(Ninja/NH-U12/Ultra-120).

The towers always do better in the reviews period, but asus's Stack Cool 2 in my experance creates hot spots when useing rear fixing brackets so I'm trying to avoid it. (also paranoid about 1kg of metal cantaleavered from a 3mm board above expensive cards) I currently have a AC freezer Pro 7 (which is too loud keeping my Oc'ed 805 below 60 - as you can see from my sig the cpu is at 100% 24/7) but was looking at useing a SI-128/120 as it also uses the normal 775 fixing but am open to surgestions/debate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom