Updating XBOX 360

Soldato
How do I do this - very new to xbox 360 and it seems that I cannot sign onto live without creating a profile - it wont create a profile as it says I need a memory unit or xbox 360 hard drive.

I have a few hdds and usb sticks around but it wont use these, tried the update via usb stick and that didnt work!!

someone help please - I brought a bare xbox 360 to use as a media extender, then had to buy a psu and av cable - got it working with a mce remote - I dont want to buy a hdd as well! Can someone talk me through a way of doing this?

thanks

Soldato
No way of doing it I think, you're required to have at least an xboxbranded memory card to sign into live, standard computer peripherals do not work (without modding of some kind).

Associate
No way of doing it. You will need an XBOX Memory Card or Hard Drive.

It needs to store both the new NXE update and your profile files on it, and MS doesn't want you accessing these files.

Soldato
OP
Dont want to but a memory card!

To clear up my confusion, Can I use it as a media extender once I have updated and then given the memory card back to a mate? Does it actually save it on the card just whilst updating or is the card permenantly needed?

Back
Top Bottom