• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade advice / driver problem

Associate
I've been running a GTX 560ti for a good few years now and had no problems until recently.
Firstly the latest driver actually screws everything up, games run at about 2fps and videos on youtube etc are very jerky / buffer. This a pain as I don't seem to be able to stop the new driver auto downloading and installing.
Rolling the driver back had worked no problem, however I just had to do that again and no difference which is concerning.

The second issue is that I've had no issue playing games (when driver working OK) until I recently got Dishonored 2 and it runs pretty crap.

So to fix all this I've been looking at a replacement and am pointing towards the Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1050Ti WF2 OC 4GB

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19e-gi.html

I just would like to know if a) there are any better alternatives for the money and b) as it's still Nvidia, will this solve the driver issue.

TIA for any help

Unless you can pin it down to a driver issue with the 560ti there is no guarantee a new card will not have the same problem. Providing its not something Windows related OS ? 10 ? 7 ? You say it auto downloads and installs no Nvidia drivers auto download and install. Sounds more like you have the MS released NVidia driver and Windows 10 not the actual Nvidia driver you download off their website. There have been many mentions of this and you used to be able to stop it auto downloading by turning off an option. I would suggest you google this or do a search on this forum as its been mentioned before you buy a new GPU as that might solve your issue.

Also you have to bear in mind that CPU is rather long in the tooth and you will be touching on a bottleneck with the CPU holding you back. So yes a new GPU may give you a lease of life but then again the rest of your kit may be too old for it to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom