Upgrade Advice Needed - Many thanks in Advance.

Associate
Good Afternoon Overclockers,

I currently have an old gaming pc that hasn't been used in quite some time, and am wondering if its still salvageable, even as a low end gaming PC, or something that will at least run windows without lagging even when just opening a programme... orr should I just completely start fresh?

The PC has the following specs:

GPU: Radeon Sapphire R9 280X
CPU: AMD FX 8-Core 4.0GHZ Black Edition
Mother Board: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
HDD: Samsung (some archaic HDD)
RAM: 4GB Corsiar 1600Mhz XMS3

Many Thanks

- Andy

Thanks for the reply mate, thats all copied! Would you say that this rig can be salvaged to something stable enough to run a few low end games, or do you think I would be better off doing a re build at something around 500 odd quid ?

Hello again,

Thank you for your advice Quartz thats very nice of you putting together a potential build for me, I will keep this in mind, and might get back to this at a slightly later date, maybe even save up and spend a bit more money on a higher end build!! :D

Thank you for all the advice gents, given the advice I will probably look at doing a new build later on in the year, unfortunately just bought a new laptop as I travel a lot for work so it was a necessity really.

I wouldnt say I'm a power user by any stretch, mind you the one game I used to love back in the day was Microsoft FSX which is quite power hungry! Those were the days! Haha

Back
Top Bottom