Upgrade Advice please!

Associate
Hi all,

I'm thinking about upgrading next month after the new Coffee Lake processor benchmarks have been released and I know whether to go AMD or Intel. I'm just wondering if its worth me upgrading or I can make better use of my money by updating individual bits.

Currently I'm on:

i5 4670K @ 3.6ghz
8GB DDR3RAM
MSI Z87-G45 Mobo
GTX980 4GB

I was planning on replacing CPU,Mobo and RAM, but some threads I've read seem to recommend just getting more RAM and sticking with what I've got.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Associate
would need to take a good long look at the coffee benches and price before really knowing whats what. But I honestly don't think it will be worth upgrading what you have just yet, as far as gaming is concerned you'll see very little improvement. If you're looking to do something more cpu intensive then upgrading might be worthwhile, but even then you could see a pretty solid bump by just getting something like an i7 4790k and some more ram.

On the ryzen 5/7 vs coffeelake, rumours and leaks suggest that you'll see better performance out of the intel system, task dependant, but that ryzen would still offer better bang for your buck.

Back
Top Bottom