Upgrade advice please

We need to know your Budget and if you’ll do any gaming with it.

Also need to know your RAM speed and if you use GPU rendering for your Photoshop and Premier Pro software.

5800X is pretty solid as is so unless you’re looking for an increase in gaming performance too, it’ll have to be a 5900X or 5950X or 7900X and a whole new rig.
Budget for the upgrade up to £1200

I have assumed I will go to DDR5 memory

Thinking of a Ryzen 9 7900x or similar. MATX Mobo

The only components to carry over would be case, fans, 360 AIO.

Not sure if I would need a different PSU, its currently a Corsair RM750x. I assume its powerful enough just out of touch re connection to later mobo and GPU

I am sick of RGB no nothing RGB :)

Last edited:
Another thing. Corsair Memory. Just looking around for the best price and its seems a minefield

CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 5600MHz CL40 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory - Black (CMK64GX5M2B5600C40)​

CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 5600MHz CL40 AMD EXPO Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory – Grey (CMK64GX5M2B5600Z40)​

Can one buy the wrong stuff?

If you’re going AMD, you should only get 6000 MT/s since that’s what AMD recommends and anything more is pushing your luck and would require tweaking at best and may be unstable at worst.

Even 5600 MT/s is fine for most people tho and if it’s dirt cheap, a good option.

I’d get a not too expensive kit of 6000 MT/s if I was you. Don’t spent a fortune.

Edit; misunderstood the Structure of the question and gave the opposite answer by accident.
So somit like this here

I thought I would update you guys

Went for the Ryzen 9 7900x (Got a cracking price thro another supplier)
Asrock B650m Pro RS (Non wifi)
64GB Crucial Pro 5600 CL46

Running HWInfo its reporting 53deg idle, not sure this is high for the 7900x. When I then run Photoshop it rises to 75deg and takes a long tome to revert back to 53deg. I have the AIO pluggeg into the CPU Fan header next to the memory slots I am cooling it with a Fractal Design 360AIO set to auto and the case is currently open.

ICQybuu.jpg

AS yet I have not done anything in the bios and was wondering if I need to do anything?

This was the cooler I used with my Ryzen 7 5800x and it worked as it should.

I havemounted it the same way I did with the 5800x

Yes the plastic protector is removed. AIO fan setup is per Fractals instructions

I am going to remove the pump from the cpu die and check for contact and reset

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom