Upgrade advice wanted

Associate
My current pc spec is in my sig
My barton used to do 2.2ghz but needed 1.825 volts to be stable but now its refusing to go over stock and its getting a little outdated and tbh since its stopped running oced the gfx card aint seemed that much better than my old 980opro
Anyway im looking to upgrade to a faster cpu and im willing to overclock
im thinking about mebbe a 3700+ s939 or mebbe even an opteron (!) - ive seen a lot of posts mention as great clockers but im not really sure of the pros/cons of the opteron
My goal is to acheive about 2.4ghz with a new chip and prolly an artic64 cooler and ill obviously need a new mobo but i cant afford to upgrade the gfx so it must be agp, i was thinking nf8 (love my nf7) but any review i read shafted the things lol
whats the best bang for buck upgrade path for me for say 200ish quid mebbe an extra 50 on top of that max

Associate
OP
thanks for the advice mate
im thinking of getting the opteron 146 now after reading a bit and hoping ill get at least 2.4 out of it and ill be happy
ocuk dont stock asrock boards but am i right in thinking these are budget boards and wont they slow down my agp port with being a hybrid type board and all
ive seen the board for about 42ish quid but isnt there a better board for say up to 70 quid or is this board something special
i know its agp and pci-e but at the price surely it falls down somewhere

Back
Top Bottom