• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade Advice

Associate
Currently I have a Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super Windforce OC 4GB which is ok for things which are not too demanding but playing new games like AC Valhalla makes the frame rates suffer a unless i turn down settings. Using a 1440p VA monitor (refresh rate up to 144hz)
Also with the likes of Cyberpunk and Far Cry inbound over next few months would like to have something to run these well.

Obvious choice for me is a RTX 3070 or the new Radeon 6800 when they are released. However, given that RTX 3070's are as rare as unicorn poo and I would expect the Radeon 6800 to be the same, realistically I'm not going to be able to get hold of one of these until well into next year.

I figure that maybe I just don't worry too much about that and get a card that will be decent to tide me over but still better than I have now (and save me money by spending £300 instead of £550!), especially given I have just shelled out and am in the queue for the new Ryzen 5800

Any suggestions for a medium term card for around £300-350...ish!

My initial thoughts were the Radeon 5600XT or RTX 2060

Thanks

Associate
3070s aren't that rare. Almost every day somes card pop on different retailers. Just keep an eye on all of them and within a week I'm sure you'll get one...

Back
Top Bottom