Upgrade advise please, will upgrading GPU be enough?

Associate
Im new to upgrading and the game im wanting more fps out of is Bannerlords, i understand its still in EA and that may hinder performance but im hoping for just a little more for the big siege's.

Here is my current setup:

CPU- Intel Core i5-6600k
GPU- Nvidia GTX 1070
SSD- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB
MBD- Asus Z170-E

With the GPU i've seen on UserBenchmark that could improve things by 25%:

Nvidia RTX 2070

Would i need to upgrade any other parts for a great increase or is my rig suitable for my current needs?

Any other recommendations or advise would be greatly appreciated.

If you sell your current motherboard and CPU you'll cover a chunk of the costs moving to a Ryzen 3600/3700 and a X570 or B550 (whenever the latter launches) setup. I suspect that large scale battles in Bannerlord will be more CPU intensive, and the 1070 is still a decent GPU.

Recommended Requirements for Bannerlord:

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord
Recommended Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 580
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 60 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB

As you can see, things are skewed towards having a stronger CPU.

Wait a few months till the rtx 3000 series launches and grab the 3070 and you will likely get around rtx 2080ti performance for rtx 2070 price.

Not sure on the Brand as last one died and i took it to a shop for a new fit and didnt record the name nor can i see due to my case hiding it im certain its 750w 80plus bronze tho.

Sorry chaps im confused should i look to upgrade the CPU then or GPU and if i go for either would i need to change any other parts or am i right in assuming it depends on specific compatibility?

Appreciate all the help.

From googling around about Bannerlord, most seem to be complaining about CPU issues, especially in large single player battles where there's a lot of AI units.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £521.06 (includes shipping: £11.10)

I'd look at something like this.

You could drop down to a B450 for around £100 and save some cash but you'd probably lose the option to upgrade to a Ryzen 4000 series chip.

Your PSU might be fine, it'd help if you took the side off your case and confirmed what it is, so you might be able to drop the PSU I've recommended.

You could also spend more and pick up the 3700X as recommended earlier.

The HSF is optional, I'm not sure which you're currently using or whether or not it's transferable to AM4, the stock cooler that comes with the 3600-3700X is passable if you'd rather not spend the extra.

Reuse your current RAM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom