• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from 3080 to a 4080 Super or wait for 5 series cards ?

Associate
1. Is it worth the money to upgrade ? Id get about £350 for the second-hand 3080 and then would need to spend another £500 for the 4080 super.
2. Common sense tells me to wait for the 5 series cards but then common sense also tells me they will be in very short supply and I probably wont be able to get one in the first few months of release and when they do finally become available they will also probably cost more than what a 4090 currently does.

Perhaps wait for the 5 series to be released and then get a 4090 once they go down in price (wishful thinking hoping they will drop to around £1k I guess) ?

I hate upgrading graphics cards, always seems such bad value for money.

Last edited:
I have two monitors. One is 5120x1440 @ 165hz (used on sim racing rig) and the other is an LG C4 42" which is 4k @ 144hz and my general gaming monitor.

CPU is an i7-12700
32gb ram

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom