• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade from GTX260

Associate
Good evening!

I have been struggling on with my GTX260 216 for a while now and want something newer to make my BF3 experience a little better!

I am looking to spend £100-150 for a half decent upgrade. I don't mind using the MM but new is obviously better :)

What do you suggest guys?

Soldato
GTX 560ti at the top end of your budget. HD 6850 at the low end.

If you can dig out another £30 or so from under the sofa or wherever then a HD7850 would be a superb buy.

Overclock your CPU as well BTW if you haven't already. It's only going to help things in BF3 :)

Soldato
I had an EVGA 480 it ran below 80c and was not that loud even when clocked at 800Mhz which is 580 performance territory. Just picked up an Asus 480 the other day and again does not top 80c and the fan never kicks up above 65%. If you have good case cooling the card runs great, OC and you can have 580 performance for £160.

Back
Top Bottom