• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrade From Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

Associate
I am configuring a new PC on here and looking at the options for a graphics card on the custom home PC. Selecting the Gainward GeForce GTX 1650 Ghost from the selected one saves £161. I currently have the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 adapter on my PC which does everything I need and I have never had any issues with graphics. I do not play online games or video editing so I think this is a worthwhile saving and I would see a difference without wasting money on something I would never get the benefit from.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
The Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 is not an option as I am upgrading to a new PC. It was only quoted to confirm what I currently have and have had no problems with.

I am looking to make the saving of £161 by selecting the Gainward GeForce GTX 1650 Ghost, rather than the Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Dual OC White which is selected and I would probably never get any benefit from.

Associate
OP
Which is the PC you're looking at?

Any Intel 12-14th gen not -F and not -KF CPU or any AMD 7000 not -F CPU will have integrated graphics with a newer feature set than your HD 530.

The 1650 is much better than the integrated graphics of any of those CPUs (it is aimed at playing games @ 1080p/med settings), but it is overkill for basic desktop use.

I have started with the Intel PC, which is the only Intel one offered from the 4 available. It has the Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.70GHz (Alder Lake) CPU but for an extra £60 I might upgrade to the Intel Core i5-13600KF (Raptor Lake). There is not an option to deselect the graphics card and used integrated graphics. This must be because both these CPUs are KF and do not have the integrated graphics.

Associate
OP
The CPUs with the F suffix do not have internal GPUs; the K suffix denotes overclockability. Look for the 13600K or 13600 which both have internal GPUs. Also consider the Ryzen 7600. With the Intel CPUs you will appreciate a better cooler; with the 7600 you should be able to get by with the stock cooler. OTOH this is a rare case where the Intel Arc A380 would be a good choice as a separate GPU for supporting AV1 videos.

Let's backtrack a bit so we can give you the best advice: what are you going to do with this PC?
OK thanks. Basic desktop computing, word processor, Excel spreadsheets, email, Twitter, occasional MS Teams. No heavy online gaming or video editing. My current system does everything I need, although it is now over 8 years old and the CPU does not support Windows 11. I have looked at all the options of using Rufus ect, but I only tend to renew my system every 10 years or so and I now need to upgrade. I would like some future proofing without wasting silly money on features I do not need and will never benefit from.

Back
Top Bottom