Upgrade MSI MOB Bios, without floppy?

Associate
I recently flashed a giagabyte ga-k8nsc939 from a USB pen. You need to check if your mobo supports booting from a USB pen in the first place. I am afraid I didn't bookmark the sites but I used an HP drive key utility (worked with generic drive) in the first place and copied a bootable floppy image onto the pen. Then I just put the files needed onto the drive and booted to the pen. Flashed from dos as normal.

Took about 10 mins on google to find and download everything I needed. I needed to do this as w32 programs to flash from windows wouldn't work on 64 bit.

The only annoyance was that my 1/2 Gb pen was the same size as a floppy until a format!

Associate
salami1212 said:
How do I upgrade my msi nforce 550 without a floppy to version 1.3?
Cheers
I have sent you an ISO file that i made for creating a Windows 98 boot CD "same as Windows 98 boot floppy but on CD", all you need to do is burn the ISO to a CD and follow the instructions below.

1) Dowload the bios file and flash utility from MSI and burn them both to a CD.

2) Boot your system with the Windows 98 boot CD and sellect the option to start with CD ROM support.

3) When you get to the A: prompt type "D:" or whatever the drive letter is for your CD ROM drive. and press enter.

4) Now insert the CD that contains the bios and flash utility and type "flashutilityname.exe biosfilename.xxx" make shure you incude the correct file extentions, press enter and the bios update utility should start with the bios file allready sellected.

5) Follow the insrtuction on the screen.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom