Upgrade options from i5-7600/GTX 1060 6GB

Associate
I'm looking at my upgrade options here and would like some advise on what I can upgrade to. The goal is to have a PC ready to play cyberpunk comfortably and games at 1080p 144fps
  • CPU: i5-7600
  • GPU: GTX 1060 6GB OC
  • RAM: 8GB 2133mhz
  • Motherboard: Prime B250 Plus
The motherboard also has 2 non-functioning RAM slots so I can't upgrade RAM at the moment. Any advice on which part I should upgrade first? I have been looking at the ryzen 2600 with a new motherboard and another 8GB of RAM first, but would like some more opinions.

7600 is still fairly good but quad core is probably going to start struggling soon. Quick search for cyberpunk requirements gives:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz / AMD Ryzen R5 1600
  • RAM: 16 GB RAM
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

For £500 I think the best thing to do would be sell your ram and get a fast 16gb kit and more powerful GPU like below. Could upgrade to a ryzen cpu later down the line but I think you'd see most difference from a GPU upgrade

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £439.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Considering my current motherboard only supports 2400mhz RAM and the 1 and 2 RAM slots don't seem to work, I can't run it dual channel. Do you think it would be wiser to perhaps get a motherboard too? However in that case, i'm not sure whether to go Ryzen instead of the GPU, or wait until I have enough for both

Ah that's a bit tricky then - definitely wouldn't buy a replacement mobo unless you can find one cheap second hand, and even then I'd be hesitant when you are looking to upgrade CPU soon anyway.

Maybe best to hold off, new gen of graphics cards are due in a few months anyway

Slightly over budget but if you can sell some of your old parts gpu / cpu / ram for maybe £200 then you could add that to the budget and go for the 5700XT or 2060 super.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £569.07 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Back
Top Bottom