Upgrade Pc Advice

Associate
I'm thinking about upgrading my pc Its been a good few years since i last did anything to it

My current build is

i5 3570k
Asus p8z77-m
8GB DDR3 Ram
GTX 670 2gb
Bequiet 530W PSU

Would i get away with just a new graphics card? or would it be best to change everything ? I've an Micro ATX Case

I've around £500/600 to upgrade

GPU is the main weak link, along with that PSU .

if your then finding your CPU usage is at 100% when overclocked then might be time for an upgrade

depending on your budget, your got a few options. cheapest below

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £233.44 (includes shipping: £10.50)

also, 2GB with current AAA tiles at 1080p is a bit low , must push above 2.2GB which means system then has to use System Ram.

16gb is considered the norm now as well for gaming , worth checking overlays to see how much ram your using up

Thanks any advice on what motherboard and cpu would be a good upgrade? I last built my pc in 2013 so i'm a bit out of the loop on whats the best bang for buck

Well i went with a 1060 in the end thanks for the help ;)

Can anyone advise on if this ram would be ok to add to my system and if it's worth it???

I've been offered 8gb G.SKILL Ares PC3-17000 2133MHz CL11 (F3-2133C11D-16GAR) for £30

Ive currently got 8gb of area g.skill but I think it's a slightly slower speed DDR3 1600, 9-9-9-24,

??

How much did you pay for the 1060? Because the RX 590 is in the same price category, beats it in pretty much every single game (in some quite handedly) and also comes with 3x AAA upcoming games for free (The Division 2, Devil May Cry 5, and Resident Evil 2). Personally I'd return or cancel the 1060 order unless you got it for like £200 and don't care about the games.

With the ram it should be okay, it will mean your PC will run both ram at the lower capabilities and doesn't usually cause issues, although in ideal circumstances it's best bet to have matching sticks.

I got the 1060 for £186,the games don't really bother me as i've so many games to catch up on once i install the gpu after christmas.

Not particularly or anything you'll notice. This one you linked has a slightly better cooler but the 1060s are relatively power/heat efficient cards anyway so you shouldn't notice much difference in temps or peak sustained clock speeds.

I'd always recommend having 16gb ram these days if you can, especially if you multitask or like to keep a browser with lots of tabs open in the background whilst gaming etc. For £30 its kind of a no-brainer, unless you were thinking of upgrading your entire CPU/Motherboard/RAM setup anytime soon

I was but a few people mentioned it'd last for a while yet so just maybe adding a new GPU & some more ram will do for now?

Back
Top Bottom