upgrade time!

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Afternoon All,

My pc is fairly old now and is struggling, I do more photoshop & photography these days with the occasional gaming on the side. And moving forward wanting to do video too.

I for sure what to get windows on an SSD and keep that on a separate drive. I only have 1 main C: (inc windows) (700GB) and well it's full to the brim these days and battling for space. But I don't think my motherboard can support it. And thinking of doubling the memory too.

The win 10 I have was an upgrade so no idea if it needs to get windows 10 again for new gear?

or am I better off getting some new kit? :D £500 mark would be achievable if its slightly more then something I can save for. Some ideas would be handy as im 10 years behind tech

Spec:
Asus P5E3 Pro/ Socket 775 LGA - Motherboard
700GB - C:Drive
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 - processor
12BG RAM
Radeon 5800 / 1024

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
I have this psu also would I need to upgrade this too?

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode

Would the Ryzen be more future proof?
or how about an I9? setup?

Also would double the ram be overkill? to 32?

ideally I dont want to overclock it :)

Since OCUK offer finance this has open things up with finances

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the quick reply OrbitalWalsh.

I currently have 12GB in my system (but probably down too processor) and it takes a while to do much as it is :D

In that case ill get a setup this year i think all will be far too pricey for a Zen :D or whichever Intel bring out.

so I7 or even I9 then?

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
OP
What would be a good I7 build ? :) probably looking at £800 + at a guess, if its on finance would make things easier. and can Juggle the above £600 mark

Back
Top Bottom