Upgrade to 4K, yes or no?

Soldato
I am expecting to upgrade my 2080Ti GPU sometime this year probably to a 3080 and was wondering if upgrading my current monitor, Acer Predator XB321HKbmiphz 32 Inch to a 4K would be warranted if I did?

Soldato
OP
Yes. Big waste having a 60hz 4k screen with a 3080. There are many games that you'll get > 60FPS in at 4k, so it's totally worth it.

I recommend the CX48 if you have enough space ;)

Lovely looking monitor but a tad big and a tad expensive.

I would choose better frame-rate over number of pixels every time. It's not necessary to go 144Hz, but at least 90Hz is a huge benefit. The 3080 will hit those sorts of frame-rates with many games, so yes, definitely worth it. You could even consider a 38" UW which is 3840x1600, so slightly easier to drive, like say the Alienware DW3821UW.

Couldn't find the particular monitor you mentioned not sure if it was a typo did find AW3821DW which is a great looking monitor also.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, yes, that's the one I meant. It's a pretty expensive one, I gather you should be able to get a few hundred off with various coupons and offers. There is a special thread just for that monitor.
Found the thread but various coupons and offers where should I look for these of is it just a case of keeping and eye on the Dell website?

Back
Top Bottom