Upgrade trouble with Orange

Associate
I've come to the end of my current contract and spoke to Orange to see what they could offer me in terms of upgrades. I was on an offpeak tarrif but I've been using my phone during peak hours and its cost quite a bit, so I wanted cross-network minutes.

She offered a Select 500 (500min and 100texts) for £25 with the SPV M3100 for £55. I said I needed to think about it for an hour, rang back and the next woman started going on about some Raccoon tarrif....I asked about the Select 500...oh I cant see that offer....Called back later on and spoke to some one else, they saw in the notes that I had been offered the Select 500 but now the phone was £150! WHAT!?? They were really unwilling to negotiate any further despite the fact that I've been with them for 9 years! Seems like I'm off to T-Mobile where I'll get the the phone for slightly more £85 but its in stock and I get more minutes for my £25 (Flext 30 with £5 off)!

/end rant

Associate
Very odd and inconsistent.. Got my 3100 free without changing tariff.. just had to stick to 18mo contract. I believe others have managed similar deals so why you had a bad offer is strange. If you want to stay with Orange then phone em back and give em another go. ( incidently in my one phone call the upgrade cost went from £50 to £150 to Free as they shuffled me around departments ).

Associate
Although not with Orange I was trying to upgrade my handset today with o2, what a mistake that was! I have been with o2 for a couple of years and when the woman I spoke to asked what handset I would like (K800i) she said it would cost £179 :eek: Well, there was no way I was having that considering new customers can get the phone for free on any of the online pay monthly tarrifs, so I informed her of this and she said she couldn't offer any other price. So knowing that getting put through to cancelations can usually help with them giving you some "offers" in order to stay I asked to be put through.

After a 10 minute wait I got through and explained everything, and the woman who I was put on to said she would check and came back with the same. I told her about the website but she was sure that a free phone wasn't the case. After eventually convincing her that I was sat infront of my computer screen with the price (which I was) she then told me it was only for new customers and she couldn't offer it for free :rolleyes: I asked why they obviously didn't think high enough to care about existing customers who they know pay bills on time etc... but are more than willing to give new customers much better deals (when wanting to upgrade phone) and she couldn't answer. Needless to say I cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom