Upgrade XP to 7 using HP discs

Associate
Hi All,

I have a HP Business laptop with XPP on it. I also have a genuine HP Window 7 recover disc, that was supplied with the laptop. The disc that is structured as follows...

Folders are...

SW
swsetup
TOOLS
media.tag
noiso.flg
OSLANG.CPQ

The image is about 3.43Gb in size.

Nothing happens if the disc is inserted. I cannot boot from it etc and as far as I can see, nor should I be able to. So my question is, what is it and how can I use. I also have other HP discs that came with it as well namely.

1. Applications and Driver Recovery DVD
  2. Applications and Driver Recovery Supplement CD
  3. Operating System CD XP Pro SP2 Multi User Interface for system restore
  4. Operating System CD XP Pro SP2

Many thanks

Associate
OP
No the COA is for XPP, and yet the 7 disc was supplied with it in the pack of discs. I am guessing it was supplied by mistake as I have no other license in the pack to use.

Associate
OP
The version is x64 Pro. The ISO is not bootable. I think it needs another programme to be running first before hand. I appreciate the help thanks. I have just been given a genuine copy of 7x86Home from a 3 license family pack so I may end up just using that. But I would rather not waste a license if I can help it. P.s no there is no licensing information regarding the 7 iso at all, so the theory suggest a downgrade may well be correct.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom