Upgrades for Planetside 2

Permabanned
Right I'm in the planetside 2 beta and performance is quite dismal, just wondering what I could upgrade to get a boost?

I can't afford a new system so I was hoping I could upgrade one or two things to hopefully get a good boost in fps in this game.

My spec

Asus P5Q Pro Turbo socket 775 motherboard
Q6600 @ 3GHZ
4GB ddr 1066mhz ram
6870 1GB

Anything I can do to get more fps in ps2, or would a good boost mean a new motherboard, cpu, ram?

Thanks guys.

Permabanned
OP
I'd rather rock a single gpu than two though, for noise and heat reasons. My case is also not the best at cooling.

Also I have a length issue and iirc I can only have a 10.5" long card in my case.

Are there any graphics cards <= £250 that would give me a sizeable boost from my 6870? And not longer than 10.5".

Associate
I'm currently in the Planetside 2 beta and planning my system upgrade. Two words of advice from what I have learned so far.

First, wait until release before buying any upgrade. The development team have stated there are still large optimizations to come and the official system requirements for the game are subject to change.

Second, Planetside 2 is CPU limited right now, not GPU limited. Upgrading your GPU will have no impact on performance apart from maybe having 200 FPS instead of 50 FPS looking at a rock... with no one around ;)

Associate
i would also wait, i watched total biscuits video on this, he has a beefy machine and can only play on medium, so no matter what upgrade you do now would be pointless. wait for release, its out soon anyway ?

Soldato
Right I'm in the planetside 2 beta and performance is quite dismal, just wondering what I could upgrade to get a boost?

I can't afford a new system so I was hoping I could upgrade one or two things to hopefully get a good boost in fps in this game.

My spec

Asus P5Q Pro Turbo socket 775 motherboard
Q6600 @ 3GHZ
4GB ddr 1066mhz ram
6870 1GB

Anything I can do to get more fps in ps2, or would a good boost mean a new motherboard, cpu, ram?

Thanks guys.

My brother has very similar spec to this and wondering also if the upgrade from GTX 260 to HD7950 would show a noticeable difference with this current PC or if he will need to upgrade everything?

Does Planetside 2 prefer AMD or Nvidia? Any benchmarks out yet?

Permabanned
OP
The game is cpu limited atm and the game is trundling along at 30-40 fps no matter what graphics settings I have set.

I'm running the game maxed and getting 30-40 fps which I'm finding smooth enough.

Back
Top Bottom