upgrades/improvements to my current 5.1.2 setup

Associate
I've been recently helping my brother with his first setup and I've been kind of sucked back into the whole thing and maybe looking at improving my setup.

Currently running a 5.1.2 setup

• LG C1 77" (2 years old)
  • Denon AVR 2200W (8 years old)
  • SVS SB1000 PRO SUB (2YEARS OLD)
  • Dali Alteco C1 Atmos speakers (2 YEARSOLD)
  • 15 year old Tannoy 5.0 fc custom speakers consisting of
  • Two Front Floor standers Centre speaker & two bookshelf's rear.
Obviously the speakers are really old now and very low end budget at the time of purchasing too but adding something newer and more higher spec/quality what would it bring to me in terms of improvements? I'm not looking at getting louder.

The Denon amp now at 8 years old is there newer features in 23/24 model amps i could benefit from

Will add that i am happy with my setup but its been a few years since ive treated myself to anything, ive also found myself watching more movies and tv as of late. Its either some Home cinema upgrades or a new PC.

Thanks for reading , appreciate your time and feedback :)

Although that avr is quite old it supports DTS x and atmos. So still fine .

New avr will give you vrr 4k 120hz. Better room correction with phone app support to tweak. Or other avr like anthem arc for better room correction. Or other room correction like Dirac. Multiple subs out IE Denon 3800 has four sub out. Pre outs etc.

What is your budget for new speakers?

Last edited:
Although that avr is quite old it supports DTS x and atmos. So still fine .

New avr will give you vrr 4k 120hz. Better room correction with phone app support to tweak. Or other avr like anthem arc for better room correction. Or other room correction like Dirac. Multiple subs out IE Denon 3800 has four sub out. Pre outs etc.

What is your budget for new speakers?
I don't really have one tbh but around a £1000 maybe.

I was suggested maybe keep the rear bookshelf's and go for two new floor standers and centre to begin with.

all them features you have mentioned for the amp are all new to me and sound interesting.

£1000 on LCR means you'll get the best speakers you can, rather than replacing more or all.

I'd say unless you know you need AVR with those features, you don't. I'd make do with that AVR for another couple of years.

FB-IMG-1726928976460.jpg

You need at least a couple of these, surprised a certain someone has not suggested this.

Last edited:
Gonna look to the oberons 5's and see what i can pick up some LCR i think. and take it from there.

the centre particularly is deffo lacking

Will try and get a demo maybe at RC or superfi

still not ok'ed this with the boss either :D

Back
Top Bottom