• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading 2500k to 2700k in 2018 a waste of money?

Soldato
Hi all, currently running a 2500k @ 4.5 alongside a GTX980 @ 1506mhz with 1440p, I've been thinking about getting the 2700k or 2600k for the Hyperthreading in more recent games..

Has anyone done this upgrade and found it worthwhile? Looking at £70-£80 for a new chip.

Soldato
OP
run a clocked 2600k still,

happily sits at 4.8ghz year after year and apart from a failed H100 cooler this week never had a problem.

maybe the wrong person to ask about being worh it but quad core with Hyperthreading its a decent step up and i for one cant fault mine

Thanks the reply, my other option is to wait for Ryzen 2, but that's still going to be silly money! with RAM prices continuing to stay high.

Soldato
OP
Sorry should have updated this sooner, have only tried PUBG yet and the Forza 4 demo but all feels good at the moment, seems quicker encoding in Handbrake too as expected!

Currently sat at 4.8 Ghz under my Cryorig R1 Ultimate with 1.376 vcore, I can get it to boot in at 5.0 Ghz but it isn't happy unless I'm over 1.4v which is fine temp wise but a bit excessive on the volts for my liking?

Back
Top Bottom