Upgrading a Dell PC? 5150

Associate
Ive just seen what seems to be a realy good deal on a dimension 5150 with dual core intel 820 with 2.8ghz..

Now i will be upgrading it to 1gb of ram (from dell)

But what i cant find from the site is anything about the mobo (eg what slots and ide plugs etc is has).. I have a GFX card that i want to put in and also a bigger hard drive from my old pc.

What are the chances of adding a AGP radeon 9700 pro and a 160gb hard drive? and possibly a good sound card with optical out?

This pc will not be used for games just windows working.

Associate
I think the dimension use pci express rather than agp as my friends dimension was pci express. As for upgrades dont get them through dell get them through ocuk as its far cheaper. For hard drive you should have no problem but it will come down to whether the board is pci e or agp for vga card so give dell a call and see

Soldato
that depends what you use it for, general surfing and applications would not show a huge improvement but u would notice it to run smoother (due to dual core). possibly wait a few months and get better components, also very important to find out what dell mobo it comes with as they do have some strange ones which dont have many features.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom