Upgrading at the end of the month. Help needed!

Soldato
So far I'll be getting:

AMD Opteron UP 170 Dual Core San Diego 2.0GHz 2MB Cache (Socket 939) - Retail (CP-148-AM)
Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-111-AS)
Akasa Eclipse-62 Aluminum Case (CA-005-AK)
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR)

I need:

Graphics Card <--- Will be getting either X1900 XT/XTX or 7900 which ever is better & we'll all know soon anyway!

PSU <--- Must be as quiet as poss, reliable, have long enough cable for the Akasa Eclipse (so not Hiper apparently) & be able to power SLI (which I may get in the future if I go the Nvidia route) along with 3 or 4 hard drives. Also, detatchable cables would be a plus :)

Akasa Eclipse side panel <--- is the side panel that has a 120mm fan on it worth £20, would it help much for cooling?

2 or 3 120mm fans <--- Quiet with good airflow is a must! I hear Akasa one's aren't all that great, but i'm no expert.

SATA 2 hdd <--- Either 1 small one for windows & programs, games on a second almost small one. Or, a bigger one with Windows & games on it? Was thinking Samsung cos I have an IDE samsung which I can't even hear & it's been excellent!

Ram <--- I have 2Gb Geil Value. If selling this & buying 2Gb of better clocking stuff would only cost me £40ish then ok, otherwise I guess i'll prob have to use a divider when overclocking my opty. How far does this ram clock anyway? My board at the mo has no PCI locks so I cant test!

So yea, what do you guys think?

Oh & I have some AS5 that's about 2 years old, it'll still be good right?

Soldato
OP
45cm is the same as Hiper PSUs. I've read that Hipers are too short for the eclipse, can anyone confirm this?
I can't find how long the Akasa ones are, not even on there site...

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the replies :)
The Tagen does seem to be the best bet on the psu side of things :)
I know the current stepping for the 170 isnt all that great but there are places around that have a small choice in which stepping you get ;)
I can't find panaflo's in anywhere :(

Back
Top Bottom