upgrading cpu!

Associate
to pair with my gpu (asus gtx 1060 strix 6g ) i currently have a fx4100 cpu was wondering if what the best am3+ socket cpu is out there for gaming i heard fx 8350 was pretty good !
also next question was looking at new motherboard incase i go intel instead and what intel is best recomnded dont wont over kill / bottle necking with amd or the intel chip no bargain buys stuff just straight up answers please would much appreicate it reply quick if am online :)

Associate
Without having to change mobo, you are right the fx 8350 would probably do you well at minimal cost and will pair up nicely with your gtx 1060. Personally, if you have the pc setup already and all you need is the CPU upgrade, I wouldn't even bother with new mobo etc. An fx8350 with a gtx 1060 can handle pretty much anything at 1080p.

Soldato
With wimpy single core/thread performance of Bulldozer there really weren't any actually good AM3+ CPUs.
Because of that even in multithreaded loads it had problems in challenging quad core Intels.
Except in converting lot more electricity into heat!

And VRM of that very likely budget motherboard wouldn't survive that in long term...
Assuming VRM's overheating doesn't cause constant throttling from start.

Would suggest waiting little for Zen+/Ryzen 2 CPUs.
AMD CPUs are now overall better choise than in very long time.
Already Phenoms had power consumption troubles in trying to catch Core 2s.

Associate
OP
I HAve a 550w Corsair psu and fx8350 looks like a decent choice my mother boards fairly old Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 and I only have stock fans on pc case what you recommend for cpu cooler and possible casing fans upgrade

Man of Honour
what's your budget? you may find that doing a full platform overhaul may net you better bang-for-buck than upgrading piecemeal.
penny wise, pound foolish instantly springs to mind.

Associate
OP
well i was only going to go for the amd one because of convience and price but i would have payed maybe 250 for a cpu/motherboard intel but the amd seems good enought for what i want why would vrms not support it on that motherboard?

Soldato
thanks for telling me after i order like mate

Three people mentioned it. If you chose to ignore then that is your fault and no one else's.
Motherboard needs to have good VRM cooling as well because those FX8000 cpu's really hammer the VRM's.

With wimpy single core/thread performance of Bulldozer there really weren't any actually good AM3+ CPUs.
Because of that even in multithreaded loads it had problems in challenging quad core Intels.
Except in converting lot more electricity into heat!

And VRM of that very likely budget motherboard wouldn't survive that in long term...
Assuming VRM's overheating doesn't cause constant throttling from start.

Would suggest waiting little for Zen+/Ryzen 2 CPUs.
AMD CPUs are now overall better choise than in very long time.
Already Phenoms had power consumption troubles in trying to catch Core 2s.

its debatable whether the VRMs on that board will support a fx8350 at full tilt + overclocking...hmm...

Man of Honour
thanks for telling me after i order like mate
well, you ordered within 40mins of posting your last reply:
Apr 5, 2018 at 10:41 PM
well i was only going to go for the amd one because of convience and price but i would have payed maybe 250 for a cpu/motherboard intel but the amd seems good enought for what i want why would vrms not support it on that motherboard?

then
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:22 PM
ive just purchased it thanks for all info i checked amd mb website about vrms and it seems all good thanks you all !!!

i'm sorry not all of us live on the forums to answer your questions at all time of the day
but not reading what we've posted earlier in *your* thread is your fault.

what would you expect us to do? beat you over the head with a frying pan? :D

Back
Top Bottom