• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading from i3-8350k

Associate
Currently using an i3-8350k with 16GB of ram which has been fairly decent. Upgrading the GPU to either an RTX 3060 or RX 6700XT.
Thoughts on the best CPU to pair with that level of GPU that won't bottleneck the GPU but also won't break the bank and hopefully push 1440p?

I went from the same CPU to i5 9600k for £80 off social media. It is coping just fine with a RTX 4070.

To be frank the 8350k is awesome overclocker 5Ghz easily

Last edited:
8350k is pretty solid most of the time , with a low gpu it’s not the best but hopefully it can last with the new cards coming out soon. The i5 sounds like a good option if I decided to upgrade in the future if it starts lacking performance

A lot depends on the game, many older games won't care if you have more cores and those GPUs are fairly modest, so I'd try it out first, especially since 1151v2 CPUs can still go for far too much (in relation to their performance).

Back
Top Bottom