Upgrading Lenovo Yoga 13 pro

Associate
So I purchased this laptop a couple of years ago and its my baby. I love this laptop soo much - only problem is the base where the hinge is has broken and the laptop is lagging the F out. I can manage with the hinge issue however the lagging is now driving me mad.

I'm considering fixing it and doing a little upgrade at the same time. Just looking for some advice whether this will be worth it or not?

The first thing I am trying to establish is can I fit a a 16gb SODIMM slot in this specific laptop? It only has 1 slot!! Would 16gb be supported? What if its not supported, will the laptop just spazzout or dumb down to 8gb max anyway?

nam

nam

Soldato
So I purchased this laptop a couple of years ago and its my baby. I love this laptop soo much - only problem is the base where the hinge is has broken and the laptop is lagging the F out. I can manage with the hinge issue however the lagging is now driving me mad.

I'm considering fixing it and doing a little upgrade at the same time. Just looking for some advice whether this will be worth it or not?

The first thing I am trying to establish is can I fit a a 16gb SODIMM slot in this specific laptop? It only has 1 slot!! Would 16gb be supported? What if its not supported, will the laptop just spazzout or dumb down to 8gb max anyway?

I have a yoga 2 pro, the max memory it handles is 8GB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-System-RAM-upgrade/ta-p/1293239

Back
Top Bottom