Upgrading to 3 extra case fans.

Associate
Last edited:
Might as well go with the same fans that are in the case

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £32.99 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Use the PWM function to keep them as quiet as you want them to be. Although i dont know why the AIO cooler isnt roof mounted to provide exhaust instead of pumping hot air into the case potentially affecting the cooling of the gpu.​
If you are happy to change teh fitting of the cooler that would sav eyou needign to buy any more fans. :)
Would that be an easy swap over? Never messed around inside a pc before, also ty for the fans!

It should be no more difficult than removing 4/6 screws, changing the fans to push air out of the top, the AIO to the top and fitting it up the top of the case. It all depends how OC have fitted it and how the case is set up as I have never used a phanteks case before.
seems rather simple, thanks for the advice, is it pointless then to buy these 3 fans and use them as an exhaust and just leaving the 3 at the front how they are? Or just overkill.

Last edited:
TBH There are several ways you can approach this.
Option 1: Don't buy extra fans and move radiator to the top of the case with the air being pushed out at the top, leaving the 3 front fans in place as intake - this is a pretty common layout but you may need some screws (can't remember the size off the top of my head, someone will I'm sure) if no spares were supplied and you'll need to reroute the cables for the radiator fans. There will be no rgb on the top etc but you can swap out the fans if this is something important to you.

Option 1b - buy 1 extra 120mm fan and install on rear as an exhaust.

Option 2: Add 2x120mm fans to the top as an exhaust and leave everything else the same.... probably the easiest option because you'll get screws when ordering the fans and you'll just need to install and then plug in, you'll need a y-splitter and a way for the rgb to connect if you want rgb fans (I don't really like rgb so not sure what you'd need here).

Option 3: Radiator at front, fans at top and rear - honestly I wouldn't bother with this, it's far more effort than it's worth.

Personally, if it was me, I'd be looking at option 1 and just using what you already have or option 1b with the extra exhaust fan... while option 2 and 3 might give slightly better temps for the cpu it would be 1-2c at most, option 1 should cool you gpu a bit better instead.

Having said that I was a bit curious about how well the the 'push pull' fan layout was working with different fans on either sides of the radiator.....
Thank you for the reply and advice!

Back
Top Bottom