UPVC French doors, anoyone know part names?

Associate
We have a set of UPVC french doors and I need to replace a part, only I have no idea what it's called to even search for it.

Basically we have two doors that meet in the middle (ala french doors), but one of them has an extra bit screwed onto it that makes it overlap the other other door and thus create a weather proof seal.

I can't get a picture at the moment, but does anyone know what these might be called off hand?

Thanks for the responses.

Yes it's a cover strip on the outside, it's basically an L shape with a bit of an overhang (making it more of a unequal T shape). So one part sits against the door frame and is screwed into it. The other part sits outside the door, one with a small section going over the door it's attatched too and the other bit going over the other door.

I believe the doors may be made/fitted by SafeStyle UK, that's as much as I know. We moved into the house last year and the top part is basically missing. It maybe one of these "caps" you speak of. It's about 4 or 5 CMs too short from memory.

I will try and get a few pictures tonight.

Thanks Mark.

How do I find out what profile it is? What do you mean by profile? I have to confess all I know about these doors is that we haven't really opened them before and they have glass in them :D

Back
Top Bottom