USA esim/sim with phone number

Soldato
Morning all,

Son is finally out in the US studying! A lot of prep (and expense!) but he is there.

I have set him up with his UK network provider with roaming etc, so he has the data he needs, but he has been informed he requires a SIM with a US phone number :(

Any recommendations for a cheap esim/sim that will do the job?

Thanks.

All esim have a number, even if they are data only. I assume this is so he can receive text/phone calls.

Depending on how long he is away for if it’s longer term going into one of the giants - t-mobile, AT&T or Verizon and getting a rolling contract from them. Esim is now norm in the states due to Apple no longer have sim tray so he won’t struggle to get one at all from a local shop. Scan the QR and away he goes.

Failing that, he can do it online - again from one of those three.

I've done some research and many esims don't have a number, or if they do, it's an international number.

I've told him to pop to the local phone stores, walmart etc, just seeing if there any recommendations.

Ta.

I bought a lifetime number on hushed. Used it for years now. Was a Groupon or a similar type special. It's worth looking it up. It's really reliable and just worked. Used it for work for two years in Canada and all around the USA.

Back
Top Bottom